Welcome to the Marple Website

Help to Prevent Crime in Marple

Police covering Marple and District

Everyone who would like to help reduce and prevent crime in Marple should find the information on this page of use. You can discuss local crime issues in the Marple Website Forum Crime and Disturbance Log (Registered users only) or you can report issues that concern you on the GMP web site via the area links below.It doesn't look like many people know about or use this at the moment:

Marple North: https://www.gmp.police.uk/a/your-area/greater-manchester/stockport/marple-north/

Marple South: https://www.gmp.police.uk/a/your-area/greater-manchester/stockport/marple-south/

Marple Bridge: https://www.gmp.police.uk/a/your-area/greater-manchester/stockport/marple-bridge/

High Lane: https://www.gmp.police.uk/a/your-area/greater-manchester/stockport/high-lane/

None of these are a substitute for reporting incidents to the Police and it's important that all crimes are reported if Police are to have a clear picture of what is going on in our area.

If you wish to report something of a non urgent nature (i.e. crime related problems) call 101, or to speak to one of these policemen personally, then the number to ring is: 0161 856 9973.

If they are out in the area (which is quite likely) you will get their answer machine, leave a message and contact number and they will definitely get back to you.

For latest information always check the Greater Manchester Police site for Stockport.

999 - Only to be used for an EMERGENCY CALL

An EMERGENCY CALL is where there is an immediate threat to life or property. For example, where someone is being attacked or threatened, or where there is a burglary in progress.

If, for example you return home to find that your home has been burgled or your car has been stolen, although it is bound to be a distressing situation, if there is no immediate danger you should call the non-emergency number in order to keep the 999 lines clear.

To report all NON EMERGENCIES the number to ring is: 101

You can also contact Crime Stoppers (Greater Manchester).

Crime Stoppers

This is an independent charitable trust that works alongside the police and allows a person who wishes to report a crime or give information relating to a crime to do so with complete anonymity.

The advantages of this scheme are:

Your call is free. You will not be asked for your name.You may receive an award.

REMEMBER - This is not a replacement for ringing 999 in an emergency situation.

Don't forget, preventing a crime is far better than reporting a crime, so if you do not already have one, why not consider getting together with your neighbours and forming a NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH GROUP. Click here for more about Neighbourhood Watch and how to set up your own group.

Search this Site

Marple Places